Leicester MMA Academy’s Liam Corrigan maintained his undefeated record tapping out tough opponent Matt Harrison with a triangle choke in the second round after a very close first which saw both fighters score with strikes and a takedown apiece. Liam trained so hard for this fight and we are all very proud of his achievement.
Earlier on the card Chris Miles and JD Hylton, who had both been unable to attend the gym for over a week leading up to the fight due to illness, scored first round stoppages with brutal strikes in their bouts. After a brief interlude due to an accidental low blow Chris scored with devastating punching power to win by KO in just 43 seconds! JD pummelled his opponent with crisp boxing and landed knee strikes on the cage until the referee had to step in to stop the fight at 1min 49seconds.
First up to represent the Leicester Shootfighters team was Jamie Molyneaux who took his Fight UK record to 3-0 with yet another first round submission after taking his opponent down with a highlight reel worthy throw. The only loss of the night was a three round decision featuring Nayan Patel is his debut.
Videos coming soon….
- **Lightweight Title** Liam Corrigan (LSF) def. Matt Harrison via Triangle Choke in Rnd.2 (1.04)
- JD Hyton (LSF) def. James Prince via TKO (Strikes) Rnd.1 (1.49)
- Chris Miles (LSF) def. Dean Holmes KO Rnd.1 (0.43)
- Jamie Molyneaux (LSF) def. Ashley Newman via Triangle Choke Rnd.1 (2.27)
- Nayan Patel (LSF) lost a 3 round decision.